Dog Attendant, Cleaner, Closer
LexPets is looking for a friendly, detail oriented person to keep our dog daycare and pet boarding facility clean and safe for the pets that visit our facility. The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and be able to fulfill the responsibilities outlined below. You must be honest, dependable, prompt and be comfortable around dogs of all shapes, sizes and breeds (and even the occasional cat).
- Daily cleaning of 40-50 kennels following a multi-step process that includes vacuuming, sanitizing, washing and mopping.
- Daily cleaning and or scrubbing of pet beds
- Complete general cleaning duties as posted or assigned
- Cleaning and filling water bowls, kongs, and other toys
This position is primarily focused on cleaning of the facility however there are responsibilities for the care of our pets.
Pet care responsibilities
- Understand and follow, without exception, feeding and medication instructions
- Ensure pets are safe and in their assigned kennels at the end of the shift
- Perform last let-out for potty with individual dogs before end of shift
- Ensure water dishes are full where appropriate.
The position is part time for 12-20 hours a week in the evenings generally from 6-10 PM. The evening hours and some weekends are required. You must have reliable transportation and be able to work independently without supervision.
Front Desk Receptionist and Admin
LexPets is looking for a highly motivated, upbeat person as an office administrator in our dog daycare and boarding facility.Qualifications
- Friendly, outgoing, confident personality – We want to make our customers feel like family, and the receptionist is key to helping out with this.
- Must be able to multitask – at any given time you may be greeting people, answering the phone, holding a dog’s leash, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – job will including answering the phone, emailing customers, explaining our pricing, policies and most importantly – explaining why we are the premier pet care facility in Lexington
- Microsoft Office skills, you will also be using a pet care software to book, check-in and checkout pets
- Strong organizational skills – filing, organizing, scanning, record keeping.
- Nice handwriting – must be legible when sending hand written notes to dog owners and to other staff members.
- Some cleaning responsibilities.
- Pet handling required.
The position is part time for 15-20 hours a week, afternoon/evening availability required. Along with a strong work ethic and physical stamina, you must be responsible, honest, patient, prompt and dependable.
Pet Care Attendant
- Daily care of canines & felines for boarding and daycare
- Daily cleaning of guests quarters and surrounding areas
- Daily monitoring of guests for any signs of stress and taking appropriate action
- Reinforce basic obedience skills
- Promoting & selling of services and retail
Minimum Experience, Skills, Certification or Academic Background Required
- Positions require that the employee be able to work at a fast pace, requiring frequent walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and lifting of up to fifty pounds during a normal workday.
- High school graduate or GED preferred
- Good oral communication skills
- Previous work experience demonstrating dependability
- Previous professional experience providing animal care
- Self motivated, independent worker
- Proven ability to follow instructions and learn new things
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated flexibility and proven coping skills